These statistics were gathered through a compilation of Search Engine Results Page behavior studies. If you disagree with the figures in this piece, please post your discussion notes!
1. 42 % of all searches click on the top ranked link in Google, Yahoo and Bing. Only 8% of people click on the second link in succession! From here, the click-through-rate continues to drop.
2. When these are artificially switched through SEO, the click-through-rate drops yet again due to compelling copy. This demonstrates the importance of compelling and engaging content.
3. While 42% of users click the top rank, 62% of all users click on a link within the top 10 rankings (better known as the first page).
4. 23% of searches progress to the second page, though at this point, they'll try another keyword or give up.
5. 80% of keyword searches that prove unsuccessful are followed by further refinement. What does this mean? Long-tail SEO is extremely important for niche marketing.
6. 41% of searches that are unsuccessful after bad first page results will refine keyword search phrases for their chosen search engine.
7. An astonishing 77% of users choose organic listings over paid listings when searching for information or services. 66% of users choose organic searches when going to purchase something.
8. When a users is purchasing a product, organic CTR (click-through-rates) generate 25% higher conversion rates than PPC rates. Take that!
9. 40% of SEO campaigns whose specialist is aware of their ROI achieve returns in excess of 500%, while only 22% of PPC campaigns were able to achieve this high value.
10. In 2005, daily search engine use rose from 33% to 59% up from 2002. As of March 2007, Google boasts 64% of US searches and 77% of UK searches.
Bonus: As of 2011, Google has reached more than 1 Billion unique visitors per month on average. That's a lot of people to miss out on. If you're not #1 for your Niche Keyword Phrase, you need to be. Call Integraphix at 847.537.0067 to find out more about our affordable SEO services.
Search Engine Marketing Firm Chicago, Chicago SEO Firm, Chicago Marketing Firm, Chicago Website Marketing, Chicago SEO Marketing, Chicago Web Design Firm, Chicago SEO Company, Chicago Search Engine Optimization, Chicago Internet Marketing Firm, Chicago Google SEO