We are not just Chicago Graphic Designers, we are also social media experts. We love trying new social media sites and seeing how they can help our clients. When it’s being used by the right client, Pinterest has a ton of potential to capture a target audience. Here are some of our tips on how to create more engagement on your Pinterest page:
(1) Fill your boards with tons of pictures: Every once and awhile you may come across something you want to pin that doesn’t have a picture that is attached. Try to only pin things that have a picture since pictures are a big part of what makes Pinterest interesting for users. Aesthetically, it will look better on your boards as well.
(2) Make your boards interesting: Your boards need to do two things for followers- help and entertain. Typically, Pinterest users are looking to learn or be entertained, so do a little of both. Provide followers with boards that will be entertaining, but will also teach them something related to your brand. Just keep all your boards and pins related to your company and industry.
(3) Allow contributors: Pinterest gives you the option to allow contributors to post on your boards. Allowing contributor posts helps you draw in fans of your company. Allowing someone to contribute to your boards means you’ll have more people adding pins to your boards besides just yourself. Adding contributors helps shape your page and boards around your audience and will help increase your popularity.
(4) Contests: There are a wide variety of different contests or competitions you can run for your Pinterest page these days. Contests are great because they drive interactivity on your page. Scavenger hunts, pin and wins, and most repins are common types of contests found on the social media site, so try out a contest and see how many people you can get involved. There could be a huge payoff in the form of people visiting your website.
(5) Analyze your page: As you should with all of your social media sites, make sure you are taking the time to analyze your Pinterest progress. Check out the “Popular Pins” section often. This page shows you what pins are the most popular and who is sharing them. The people sharing those pins may be people you want to connect with. The popular pins section also gives you ideas on what types of things you should pin to drive traffic on your Pinterest page. You should keep track of what is being pinned from your site to help get a better idea of the types of things you should pin more frequently.