- SEO works. Unless your company is a huge company that has throngs of followers and can have people visiting your website because it simply exists, then your company needs SEO to show people your website exists and that they should go to it. When you are a small to medium sized company, you will see that people will not find your website unless you do SEO. If you sign up for Google Analytics without SEO, check out what your Google Analytics says after just a month or two of doing SEO, you'll see a difference. With SEO, your link can appear as the first link under the paid links (Google Adwords), people trust the organic links (where yours will be) over the paid links.
- It will work for a long time. Looking at how search engines function and continue to change, it has been shown that search engine optimization will not stop being a worthy investment anytime soon. As long as there are keywords and links on the internet, SEO will be a force on the internet. It will also work for a long time since SEO is like a train; it takes a little bit of time and effort to gain traction and chug along but once it does, it goes for a while.
- It is cost efficient. Compared to the cost of other kinds of marketing, including internet marketing, paying for SEO is much more efficient since the pricing is lower yet your results last longer.
- People use the internet for research. When someone is looking to install a home sprinkler system so their lawns get consistent watering, they are going to look for a company on the internet that services their areas. When they see your organic link up there and think, "Hmm, I'll check them out" guess what, they will check your site out! Once they do and they decide you're a worthy company to contact or not, they'll make the next move. Of course, you'd have never gotten the chance if you didn't do SEO.
- The competition is doing SEO too. If you have competitors, which you do, then you will be outshined if they are doing SEO and you are not. They will be in a position to be seen by the internet and your site won't even be listed on the internet, according to search engines.
Putting time and effort into organic SEO is a worthy venture for any company that is of small, medium, or even large stature. Very few companies are able to have a dominating presence on the internet without any SEO assistance.